• Stephen Hawking The Grand Designer

    Stephen Hawking once again challenges the proponents of divine creation of the universe in his latest book, “The Grand Design”. He is convinced that it is the laws of physics that can provide us the real explanation about how existence began. The Big Bang Theory was the bedrock of his conviction that he continually argues that the event was the inevitable consequence of the said laws: “because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.” But then again man will still be dissatisfied for the problem will be thrown directly as to where this gravitational law is coming from. Still one shall be brought to postulate of someone as the causal explanation of existence.

    The Grand Design Is Not The Grand Designer
    The Grand Design seem to suggest the possibility of a Grand Designer but the book goes the opposite denying the claim of the Theistic camp as Hawking claimed, “spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist." He added to maintain his point that it's not necessary to postulate God as the designer who set the universe going.

    Though the book achieved the reputation as among of those momentous works, Hawking’s argument is not something new. Scientists before him have already laid the same claim that the world and its disposition can be addressed to its physicsl laws such as gravity. However, their claims are considered to be setting in fallacy.

    Why Is There Something Rather Than Nothing?
    Stephen Hawking's mission is to give answer to the eternal question; why is there something rather than nothing. Now, to give an end to that problem is to deny the existence of God and rely on the universal law. Our first impression of the claim is remarkable and successful. Indeed, why do we assert God being the designer when universal laws are more plausible? It is spontaneous creation, He added, is the reason why there is something rather than nothing. I'd like to consider this interesting claim however there seems to be a little bit ironic with regards to the claim.

    The statement is, "Why is there something rather than nothing?"

    Stephen Hawking answers, "There is universal laws, the reason why there is something rather than nothing.

    The Infinite Regress
    Let us take the claim to be valid. But the thinking mind would still be restless and give birth to another question, where is universal laws coming from? If Hawking is able to answer that then we would lead back to the absurdity of the classic vicious infinite regress. And a more complex questions then arise, "how did universal law such as gravity come into the realm of existence? Was there any creative activity to give birth to gravity? Who caused this creative activity? There must always be a reason for its being and existence. That is why, philosophically plausible and logically valid, that it is necessary to postulate that God is the reason why there is universal laws that brought something into existence because it is by the term "God" alone that we cannot think of anything prior to Him.

    The Grand Designer
    The notion is provable but questionable, because it is not arguable that existence might precede from universal laws such as gravity, but questionable as to where this phenomena coming from. To this end, where I might be accused of misunderstanding Hawking's statement, I would like to conclude that Stephen Hawking is the Grand Designer of his objectionable claim that God had no role in the existence of the universe.

    Images:

    World Web Blog Whizz
    Inayats Corner

8 comments:

  1. Ron Krumpos says:

    In "The Grand Design" Stephen Hawking postulates that M-theory may be the Holy Grail of physics...the Grand Unified Theory which Einstein had tried to formulate, but never completed. It expands on quantum mechanics and string theories.

    In my free ebook on comparative mysticism, "the greatest achievement in life," is a quote by Albert Einstein: "...most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and most radiant beauty - which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive form - this knowledge, this feeling, is the center of all religion."

    E=mc², Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, is probably the best known scientific equation. I revised it to help better understand the relationship between divine Essence (Love, Grace, Spirit), matter (mass/energy: visible/dark) and consciousness (f(x) raised to its greatest power). Unlike the speed of light, which is a constant, there are no exact measurements for consciousness. In this hypothetical formula, basic consciousness may be of insects, to the second power of animals and to the third power the rational mind of humans. The fourth power is suprarational consciousness of mystics, when they intuit the divine essence in perceived matter. This was a convenient analogy, but there cannot be a divine formula.

    http://www.peacenext.org/profile/RonKrumpos

  1. alwele says:

    I went to your site and Omg... you authored a book Ron? I'm gonna buy one and read it. Hope its available here in my country. I'm gonna check from time to time... My privilege to have you here on my site.

  1. Ron Krumpos says:

    alwele, my ebook is free http://suprarational.org/gail2012.pdf

    Let me know if you like it. It took five years to write and I had 20 religious leaders and scholars advising me.

  1. alwele says:

    Whoaw... I'm gonna get into it after i downloaded it... I am writing also and it is an integration of faith and philosophy. Am gonna quote some of your lines there 'coz I think its compatible. Your first comment speaks that you are great in philosophy therefore I'm gonna take you as my scholar adviser. Will you be? ^_^

  1. Ron Krumpos says:

    alwele, I have been to Manila three times, on my honeymoon, with my wife of 42 years, and twice on business for the Manila Mandarin Hotel, but never to your area. I have an MA in Philosophy, but you could find a better advisor. I'm willing to help to the extent that I can.

  1. alwele says:

    Wow... what a great couple... The fourth time you'll be here send me message. If you chose my area to be your itinerary, much better, I'll be your tour guide. Bohol is a great place also. this is the site: http://boholtravelandtours.blogspot.com/. Ron, can I have your email? I am bothered with Philosophy right now and I think you're my first person to share with.

  1. Ron Krumpos says:

    Give me your email and I'll send you a message. I don't want to post my address here (who knows who is reading this).

    Are you in the travel and tour business? Before Mandarin Oriental hotels I was with Thai Airways International and brought American tour wholesalers to the countries we served. My job was to promote our destinations.

  1. alwele says:

    My email: alwele@gmail.com

    Yes, in a travel and tour business but my focus as of now is about pizza: http://rafaelspizza.blogspot.com/

    That is a nice job Ron, you'll have the opportunity to go nice places.

Leave a Reply

Latest Comments

Photobucket

Alwele

How Big is Infinity? Georg Cantor math's uncertainty absolute certainty belief cling to a certainty Ludwig Eduard Boltzmann faust goethe Kurt Gödel-incompleteness theorem Alan Turing-unprobable uncomputability

Blogger Widgets

Recent Posts

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger